Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary to my Parents

Happy Anniversary!

I want to take this...the occasion of your fiftieth wedding anniversary, to send a note to thank you for your example of constancy and longevity.

Having been married myself for 26 years I know that marriage is not always easy, but I also know that it's more than worth the struggles that it sometimes involves. Especially in a society such as today's, marriage is often thrown away for a "better" option. I want to thank you for demonstrating to me that longevity in marriage is the best option, as evidenced by your lives. You both have been an example to me over the years of enjoying each other, overcoming obstacles, staying committed to one another and loving one another for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; until death do you part.

What a joy it must be to be able to say you've been married for fifty years! What a privilege and joy it is to me to be able to say that my parents have been married for fifty years!

Congratulations!

Photo credit: 
http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-5021407-couple-holding-hands-in-shadow.php

No comments: