Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy Birthday!


"I'm ignoring you."
"No, I'M ignoring YOU."

That pic has nothing to do with the post, but it's typical of hubby's relationship with the cat. They coexist nicely!

Today is my husband's 47th birthday. Forty seven? When we were married he was 21. I was 19. We've spent our entire adult lives together, in various places around the world, doing various things. I can't believe over 25 years have passed since we were married, and forty seven years since the day you were born! The old saying is so true: time flies. Time surely does...it takes wings and is gone before we know it. All the more reason to seize the day and take advantage of every moment given to us. Time is a gift. Life is a gift. It's up to us to choose how we use those gifts, but God has given us a great calling and commission and my prayer is that we continue to use those gifts in the way that God has chosen. His plan is always the best plan...I should know! I've tried to follow my own plan on many occasions and have learned that God has a far better one than I can even imagine. He sees the big picture. I see only my immediate surroundings and circumstances. So...happy birthday to you, my wonderful amazing husband. Here's to many more, and many more adventures serving God together!

2 comments:

Anne of Alamo said...

I love your blog! did you tell your kids about it...I bet they would come and laugh with you!
I ordered all my curriculum...and beyond excited!

Anne of Alamo said...

are you home yet!!!!
?????????????????
I am starting to feel like a stalker!
ha ha