Friday, July 17, 2009

Herbs for Herb

Who's Herb, anyway?

Look what I picked up today:

I don't know much about strawberries, other than we love them and eat a LOT of them. I buy them frozen year around and have been meaning to grow some myself for a couple of years. Not sure how this will work, but we'll see!

We love fresh basil and my attempt to root it (scroll down a couple of posts) didn't pay off. I didn't think it would, but I figured it was worth a shot. I think this one will work much better. I'll repot it into something pretty soon.

I've never grown sage before, but I do use it in the kitchen; we'll see what we shall see. Another candidate for a pretty pot.


This guy needed a haircut...which is convenient for my salad! Yum.


Lastly, I want to show you my mint...again scroll down a bit to see it when it started out. It's taking off and taking over. I'm glad I put it in a pot and didn't let it run rampant in the garden! I lopped off a bunch from the top yesterday with the idea that it might bush out more instead of get leggy. This guy is growing great guns...too bad it's not an indicator of the "green-ness" of my thumb! Mint is probably the easiest thing to grow in the world!

1 comment:

Anne of Alamo said...

oh those are some beautiful herbs!
love basil...so so much...
we did tomatoes are first time...
I have 2 little green ones...so darn excited about it!
I think we are going to the city (baseball game the 27th) vs pirattes...I was gonna try and scoop some extra tickets...I'm a hornswaggling, but didn't know if that is something you and your beloved would be interested in?
I will email tomorrow or Monday...