Tuesday, November 17, 2009

On Thanks Giving

So the mojo may be back, but it's taking me in other directions. Things have been pretty hectic, which is not unusual! The bread was only okay. Kind of dense and I wasn't thrilled with the flavor. I used several different types of flour in an attempt to make it super duper healthy, and it was, but the flavor was sacrificed. I'll keep working on it.

I have been thinking about thankfulness recently, with Thanksgiving approaching.

Thanksgiving.

Thanks plus giving.

Thanks. Giving.

Here's a thought: Giving should be a result of thankfulness. Not only do we give thanks, but because of our thanks we give. I am thankful for a Savior who gave Himself for me. My reasonable response should be to give (of myself, my money, my time, everything) because without Jesus giving Himself for me, I would have nothing and I would be nothing with a capital L. L for Loser. This is not self deprecating. This is a fact.

So with that I am compiling a list of things I am thankful for in another blog. You can see it here.

Photo credit:
http://gocanada.about.com/b/2007/09/01/the-best-places-to-see-autumn-colors-in-canada.htm

No comments: